Some common drills that are demonstrated in this training are: fire response, man overboard, launching/maneuvering skiffs or rescue boats, launching of life rafts, collision, allusion & grounding, spill response, security, and abandon ship drills.
- The importance of conducting drills
- Knowledge of the different types of emergency drills required for safe operations
- Planning and organizing drills to train and challenge crew members in different emergency scenarios
- Observing and evaluating crew drills
- Providing feedback through post drill debriefings with a focus on continued improvement for future drills
- Conducting effective drills in order to respond to actual emergency situations