Video Preview: SEMS II Awareness Training for Offshore Oilfield Employees
Updated for SEMS II. This concise program provides all the information contractor and operator employees need to be fully trained on the new SEMS regulation, 30 CFR 250 Subpart S.
- The purposes of SEMS
- Events leading to the regulation
- The 13Parts of SEMS
- The Changes in SEMS II
- Requirements for contractors under SEMS
- The importance of knowing the contents of a facility SEMS plan and applying them on the job
- How to speak effectively with regulatory agency personnel about SEMS and the importance of safety.
- Describe what a SEMS (Safety & Environmental Management System) is
- Be aware of the regulatory requirements for SEMS
- Know what SEMS requires of the employee and be prepared to answer questions if asked by a representative of the lessee or governmental agency
- Interpret how SEMS requirements can be put into practice to foster increased safety and environmental work practices