Unit 2 has five lessons that describe operations that occur routinely on a drilling rig and the theory behind those operations. It is designed to help a student with the procedures and calculations used in straight hole drilling, rig hydraulics, drilling fluids, casing and cementing, and testing and completing.
This unit includes the following five lessons:
- Lesson 1: Making Hole, 3rd Ed., Revised.
- Lesson 2: Drilling Fluids, 1st Ed.
- Lesson 3: Drilling a Straight Hole, 4th Ed.
- Lesson 4: Casing and Cementing, 3rd Ed.
- Lesson 5: Testing and Completing, 3rd Ed., Revised.